A question about a recipe: Olive Oil Ricotta Cake with Plums

406f0d52 c929 4341 aed4 75530efa29ba  cake

I have a question about the recipe "Olive Oil Ricotta Cake with Plums" from Kenzi Wilbur. Should I keep this cake in the fridge or out if I want to eat over the next 2 days?

asked by Natasha about 4 years ago

It should be fine out and loosely covered

I would keep it in fridge because of the ricotta, and bring to room temp just before serving. A more cautious answer than Abbie's.

ktr
ktr

I've never made this specific cake but I made a similar one a few years ago and left it out and had no problems with it. I tend to find that the texture of cake changes if you refrigerate it.

Unless the temperature in the kitchen is too warm, cake should be ok for 2 days. But if it's as warm as my kitchen (~83F), I would keep in the fridge. You can microwave refrigerated cake (unless it's frosted) for ~12 seconds to soften or let it come to room temp before eating it.

I don't like to refrigerate cakes. In the heat of the summer, I have been known to use my second bedroom which faces North and is the coolest room in the house to store such things.