A question about a recipe: Olive Oil Ricotta Cake with Plums

I have a question about the recipe "Olive Oil Ricotta Cake with Plums" from Kenzi Wilbur. Should I keep this cake in the fridge or out if I want to eat over the next 2 days?

• Posted by: Natasha
  • September 17, 2014
406f0d52 c929 4341 aed4 75530efa29ba  cake
Recipe question for: Olive Oil Ricotta Cake with Plums

aargersi September 17, 2014

It should be fine out and loosely covered

Nancy September 17, 2014

I would keep it in fridge because of the ricotta, and bring to room temp just before serving. A more cautious answer than Abbie's.

ktr
ktr September 17, 2014

I've never made this specific cake but I made a similar one a few years ago and left it out and had no problems with it. I tend to find that the texture of cake changes if you refrigerate it.

HalfPint September 17, 2014

Unless the temperature in the kitchen is too warm, cake should be ok for 2 days. But if it's as warm as my kitchen (~83F), I would keep in the fridge. You can microwave refrigerated cake (unless it's frosted) for ~12 seconds to soften or let it come to room temp before eating it.

Susan W September 17, 2014

I don't like to refrigerate cakes. In the heat of the summer, I have been known to use my second bedroom which faces North and is the coolest room in the house to store such things.