🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: English Muffins

B71e89b9 d8a5 4baa 9387 bc16505aa2a1  english muffins

I have a question about the recipe "English Muffins" from Christina Tosi. I'd like to make a whole-wheat version. If I swap in one cup of whole-wheat flour for one cup of the bread flour should I make any other adjustments?

asked by essbee over 3 years ago

essbee

Never mind! I found whole-wheat bread flour and will give that a shot.

essbee - hope the ww bread flour worked. for futures, you may want to use 7/8 cup ww flour to replace 1c white or all purpose flour in a recipe. The ww creates a denser crumb, and reducing the amount helps create a moist end-product (cake or bread). Other thing you may need is to add a little more liquid (water or juice but not milk) to get the batter texture needed in the original.