A question about a recipe: Grown-Up Birthday Cake

361a48e7 a614 4547 a065 3785413e224a  2018 0404 grownup birthday cake 3x2 bobbi lin 10257

I have a question about the recipe "Grown-Up Birthday Cake" from Midge. Can I make this cake portion a day in advance and refrigerate overnight before icing? Also, should I keep in the fridge before serving for an evening? Thank you!

asked by Laura about 4 years ago

yes to both (bc of buttercream). eat it cold or let it come to room temp, according to taste

Yes to the refrigerating overnight for the cake alone. But if you are frosting just before serving, there is no need -- in fact, don't - refrigerate it again before serving. Cake is rarely at its best served cold. It should be at room temp.