🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Grown-Up Birthday Cake

49cd4512 1b79 4bca ad90 db76a0302b35  grown up birthday cake

I have a question about the recipe "Grown-Up Birthday Cake" from Midge. Can I make this cake portion a day in advance and refrigerate overnight before icing? Also, should I keep in the fridge before serving for an evening? Thank you!

asked by Laura about 3 years ago

yes to both (bc of buttercream). eat it cold or let it come to room temp, according to taste

Yes to the refrigerating overnight for the cake alone. But if you are frosting just before serving, there is no need -- in fact, don't - refrigerate it again before serving. Cake is rarely at its best served cold. It should be at room temp.