A question about a recipe: Autumn Root Vegetable Gratin with Herbs and Cheese

F0a64956 5a9f 421f ad05 f69dc3bacf15  2014 0923 root vegetable gratin 113

I have a question about the recipe "Autumn Root Vegetable Gratin with Herbs and Cheese" from Merrill Stubbs. I have a couple questions! First is it one layer each of each vegetable for a total of 6 layers vegetables? Or is it one layer with the three vegetables (squash, potato, parsnip) for a total of two vegetable layers? Also, the recipes asks you to use 1/3 of the cheeses and herbs between the first and second layer and the on top of the second and final layer. This leaves 1/3 of the cheese and herbs unused unless I am misunderstanding?!

asked by Nina Madrid about 4 years ago

When you repeat the layering process twice (after the first layer described) that uses up all the vegetables and herbs. ;o)

Sorry, test should be "cheese and herbs." ;o)

It is three total layers, with each layer containing a mix of all three vegetables. Hope this helps!