A question about a recipe: Meatloaf, Plain And Simple

59f0d0bc 8313 475e 886f 548ebeeb31eb  2014 1007 classic meatloaf 025

I have a question about the recipe "Meatloaf, Plain And Simple" from sdebrango. Is it best to freeze this recipe before or after baking it?

asked by Christine over 3 years ago

I would freeze before baking. I tend not to freeze already cooked meat and have never done it myself so I cannot say how it would be.

Christine

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

CarlaCooks

Whenever I've made extra meatloaf, I freeze it before baking. When you're ready to cook it, just take it straight from the freezer to the oven; no defrosting necessary.

One nice little trick: line the inside of the tin you normally bake meatloaf in with foil. Put the uncooked loaf in the foil, freeze until completely frozen, then remove the loaf with the foil. This way when you're ready to bake the loaf, it will fit perfectly inside your loaf pan.

Thanks Carla, great tips.