A question about a recipe: Apple Cheddar Muffins

I have a question about the recipe "Apple Cheddar Muffins" from fiveandspice. Can i bake in my six (6) muffin pan? How would this be measured? Thank you.

2cc52cec 9b0d 4d09 9081 b6d8b0fd7a47  muffin
Recipe question for: Apple Cheddar Muffins

Monita October 22, 2014

This recipe calls for a standard muffin tin which is 12 cups measuring 1/2 cup per muffin. If your tin is 1/2 cup per muffin then all you would need to do is 1/2 the recipe, which is easily done.

lori benet
lori benet October 22, 2014

I only have the six muffin tin and my question is how much batter do I use for each tin. Tks. Pls bear with me, I've never attempted baking from scratch ~ give me a nice recipe for lunch/dinner and I do o.k., but bread, muffin, cookies ~ not so much. Tks again.

Susan W October 22, 2014

I think Monita is saying make a 1/2 batch and then divide it evenly between your six muffin cups which will be about 1/2 cup per muffin cup. Your muffin tin has 6 regular sized cups right? I've seen the ones that are big muffin cups. Muffins are a great thing to start with. They are very forgiving and will boost your confidence.

lori benet
lori benet October 22, 2014

Thank you so much ~ yes, my muffin tin has 6 cups and they look oversized compared to some that I've noticed in the 12 cup tins. I'm going to try this recipe, filling each cup with 1/2 of the batter (?) hope this works....wish me luck....btw I baked individual meatloafs in my 6 muffin tins and they came out perfect...

Susan W October 22, 2014

Lori, if they are oversized, then you should make more than 1/2 batch batter. My standard tins are 6oz, but I put 1/2 cup batter in them. My oversized tins are 8 oz and I put 6 ounces of batter in them. I just eyeball it. Sooo...I'd probably make 3/4 batch.

fiveandspice
fiveandspice October 23, 2014

I agree with Monita and Susan - it depends on the size of the cups in the muffin tin. As a general rule, I like to fill muffin cups approximately 3/4s full. I think if your tin has slightly oversized cups, 3/4s of this recipe would make enough batter for the 6 cups. The other option is just to make the full recipe, fill your muffin cups 3/4s full and bake (you may need a longer baking time if they're big cups) and if there's leftover batter, you can just bake a second batch! Or use a small loaf pan or other small baking vessel for leftover batter.