A question about a recipe: Tarte Tatin

7dd6f6b9 73c4 4f8c b561 09b2b2f0e119  tarte tatin p

I have a question about the recipe "Tarte Tatin" from erinmcdowell. making right now! :-) Question... do i seal the crust onto top of skillet? or tuck around the apples (into where skillet meets apples)? thanks so much!!!

asked by Nancy Henderson about 4 years ago

You definitely want to lay the crust on the apples and tuck the edges in. I usually shoot for about 1/2 inch tucked in.

Nancy Henderson

thanks for replying so quickly!! perfect!! exactly what I needed to know. think your recipe will be the perfect dessert for the perfect Canadian autumn day!!

It's not my recipe, but I have made my fair share and it's a perfect fall dessert. :)

mainecook61

Take a look at Julia Moskin's recipe for "foolproof" tarte tatin in the New York Times, 10/22/14. Really, you can't go wrong.