A question about a recipe: Meyer Lemon Cheesecake with Biscoff Crust

0bc0eee9 f5df 4df4 bd2e 9f692159200f  food52 01 29 13 0785

I have a question about the recipe "Meyer Lemon Cheesecake with Biscoff Crust" from Lucy Mercer. I'm consider Key Lime instead of Meyer Lemon for this cheesecake. Anyone tried subbing a different citrus in this recipe?

asked by Hilarybee almost 4 years ago

I haven't, but that sounds great.

I think that sounds delicious.

ChezHenry

A couple of thoughts. You could also change out the biscuit base for graham crackers, and make it a thoroughly "key lime" kinda cheesecake.
I find meyer lemons to be sweeter than regular lemons, and key limes to be sweeter than regular limes, but they have different characters and sour notes. The recipe calls for 2 Meyer lemons, but they are much larger than key limes, and I find juicier, so you're going to have to figure out the conversion, I'm thinking you'll need 4-6 key limes. The sweetness factor would be my concern, but perhaps you're looking for a more "mouth puckering" key lime type of experience.

Hilarybee

I did make it with key limes and it turned out beautifully tart. The only changed I made (aside from the use of lime) was to sub almond windmill cookies instead of biscoff cookies. I made this cheesecake last year with blood orange it was good, too. In short, this is a very flexible recipe.