A question about a recipe: Secret Ingredient Beef Stew

36181452 fca1 46c5 953f 59f2cece4978  020910f 0752

I have a question about the recipe "Secret Ingredient Beef Stew" from Cara Eisenpress. How long would you put this in a crock pot for?

asked by Beth Patel about 4 years ago

If you already have a crock pot, check its directions for a recipe with similar amount of meat & dial accordingly. To replicate oven braising (about 3 hr at 350F), cook at crock pot "high" or "fast" about 3 hours, at crock pot "medium" or "slow" about twice that or until inner temperature is 160F.

Depending on the size of your meat chunks, I would say 5-6 hours on low. Maybe even 7 if you cut your meat in 3 inch chunks. Slow cookers cook at different temps, so just start checking it at 5 hours, but count on at least 6. I would reduce the liquids by half in a slow cooker.

The amount of vinegar seems like a lot. Some of the comments mentioned it was too vinegary.