🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Cheap Creamy Chicken Curry

21dd21c7 339e 46b7 9748 df4cec1ea1a2  food52 06 26 12 2085

I have a question about the recipe "Cheap Creamy Chicken Curry " from Table9. I've never used Coconut milk before, but my favorite oriental place has a dish they call Creamy Garlic Shrimp. The creamy sauce is thick and slightly sweet. Could this be coconut milk they are using? It is soooo delicious.

asked by Judy P about 3 years ago

Very possibly it's coconut milk. It has a sort of sweet hint without being sugary. I am speaking of the 100% coconut milk in the can, not the one sold near the dairy that has all sorts of junk in it. If you decide to delve into coconut milk, read the labels and find one with the fewest ingredients. I like Whole Foods 365. It's priced reasonably and is simply coconut milk. Goya and Thai Kitchen both have additives, so I avoid them.

It also may have date palm sugar in it which is a common ingredient in Asian cooking. I love and use it a lot. It has an almost caramel flavor.

Now I am hungry. :)