🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Creamy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms

98de5665 2af2 4388 9a0d 603270a51570  022310f 467

I have a question about the recipe "Creamy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms" from ADRIENE. Do you think these could be frozen and then reheated? Thanks, nt

asked by ntt2 almost 3 years ago

I think it will be ok. The Pioneer Woman has a stuffed mushroom recipe and she says you can bake and freeze or, freeze and bake later. http://thepioneerwoman...

I'd be a little concerned about freezing them because mushrooms are watery (so could be a little soggy when defrosted). Instead of freezing, you could try making them up through step 5 and refrigerating overnight. Then do the final bake, step 6, the next day when you serve them.
Also in case you haven't seen them, there are some helpful comments at the end of the recipe. One is to use a food processor to chop up the sausage into smaller bits. (If you're using button mushrooms, there isn't a whole lot of room for the stuffing, so it helps if everything is in small pieces.) It's been a while since I made these, but they were delicious!
https://food52.com/recipes...

p.s. As Michele points out, if there's another recipe out there that OK's freezing, then you might want to go for it. If your life is not too complicated, maybe try freezing half of them, and doing the refrigeration thing I mentioned for the other half?
And if freezing works, you would be a gem to add a comment to the recipe saying that it did. :-)

Thanks - will do!

Enjoy - I remember they were very tasty. You just inspired me to put them on the Thanksgiving list!