🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust

7eedbd96 1398 4c13 9270 9bd9f8687033  pumpkin cheesecake food52 mark weinberg 14 09 16 0655

I have a question about the recipe "Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust " from Food52. Not setting --- did I mess up? Baked per directions. Chilled overnight. Started with cream cheese at room temp (so I didn't over beat). Ack!

asked by DBSNEAKERS about 3 years ago

Hmm..hopefully someone who has made it will chime in. Is it possible your oven temp is not accurate? It sounds underbaked.

My ratio is a bit different. For a cheesecake calling for 1.25 pounds of cream cheese, I use 5 eggs along with approximately the same amount of mangos as pumpkin here: http://thesolitarycook.... For a cheesecake as dense as this one, given its greater amounts of cream cheese and pumpkin, an hour is the minimum I would expect. The classic doneness test of any custard is when you can bump the edge of the baking vessel, and the center will "jiggle like Jello, not wiggle like a whale." And I have never, ever mixed a cheesecake in a food processor. http://thesolitarycook...

9acfdd05 7247 4ff2 9a6c 9141e73a07c8  52 photo

Hmmm, this cheescake uses a 9 inch springform and has double the ingredients my 10 inch recipe uses. I am thinking that the instructions should be checked, and perhaps edited by the author if needed?
The written portion could be aligned for easier reading, as well, just saying...OCD. :)

Hi, I'm back! Googled and found this recipe, very, very similar, check it over and perhaps you might spot the answer you are looking for.
http://www.foodnetwork...

D311d02f d9fd 4d5e a727 ec9db034559f  img 1765.jpg

Thanks everyone for the help. I bet it was undercooked and potentially over-blended since I used the food-processor as instructed. The flavor is outstanding but I'm definitely going to check out the other recipes you all posted... gotta WIN Thanksgiving after all! ;)