🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Buttermilk Biscuits

25361cb0 eda3 4724 8b03 68c83bf752f2  15720424702 9f34c06f4a k

I have a question about the recipe "Buttermilk Biscuits" from erinmcdowell. can the biscuits be refrigerated for longer than 15 minutes before baking (eg, overnight)? I'd love to serve them at a breakfats but don't think I can pull off the whole recipe in the morning beforehand. Thanks. These look amazing!

asked by keg72 almost 3 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Mrslarkin freezes her scones (kissing cousin of the biscuit) before baking them, so that's the way I'd go. Check out one of her scone recipes for details.

I agree with HLA. I think freezing may be a better solution. You can refrigerate them but they will lose their oomph because the baking powder will activate a little. Maybe Google "overnight biscuits" and see what the method is like compared to the lovely recipe you want to use.

When I want biscuits in the morning I mix the dry ingredients and butter the night before and store in the refrigerator. Then I add the buttermilk and bake in the morning. If you also have your pans prepped the night before (I use parchment lined pans) it only takes a couple of extra minutes to get the dough ready for the oven. All the ingredients are cold from their night in the fridge so you can skip the chilling time.

9222c532 27a1 4ba1 88e4 001b7bd829f8  image

Thanks very much!