A question about a recipe: Buttermilk Biscuits

I have a question about the recipe "Buttermilk Biscuits" from erinmcdowell. can the biscuits be refrigerated for longer than 15 minutes before baking (eg, overnight)? I'd love to serve them at a breakfats but don't think I can pull off the whole recipe in the morning beforehand. Thanks. These look amazing!

• Posted by: keg72
  • November 12, 2014
25361cb0 eda3 4724 8b03 68c83bf752f2  15720424702 9f34c06f4a k
Recipe question for: Buttermilk Biscuits

hardlikearmour November 12, 2014

Mrslarkin freezes her scones (kissing cousin of the biscuit) before baking them, so that's the way I'd go. Check out one of her scone recipes for details.

Susan W November 12, 2014

I agree with HLA. I think freezing may be a better solution. You can refrigerate them but they will lose their oomph because the baking powder will activate a little. Maybe Google "overnight biscuits" and see what the method is like compared to the lovely recipe you want to use.

Wendy S
Wendy S November 12, 2014

When I want biscuits in the morning I mix the dry ingredients and butter the night before and store in the refrigerator. Then I add the buttermilk and bake in the morning. If you also have your pans prepped the night before (I use parchment lined pans) it only takes a couple of extra minutes to get the dough ready for the oven. All the ingredients are cold from their night in the fridge so you can skip the chilling time.

keg72
keg72 November 13, 2014

Thanks very much!