A question about a recipe: Slow-Roasted Turkey

5e5f6282 5b91 4f33 94dc 7d68e7affd8a  2014 1111 slow roasted turkey699

I have a question about the recipe "Slow-Roasted Turkey" from erinmcdowell. What adjustments to the recipe are required for a stuffed bird?

asked by Rick Savone about 4 years ago

Hopefully Erin will see your question and will have a method for you, but personally, I would cook the dressing separately in another dish. I would put it in when the oven temp goes up to 375 and continue cooking it while the turkey rests. Basting the dressing with the drippings will infuse the same flavor as cooking it in the bird. I think it would be unsafe to stuff the bird and cook it at 250°.

You could also send Erin a message from her profile to be sure she sees your question.

I agree with Susan W. I would not roast a stuffed bird at 250. I'd be very afraid of food poisoning. Stuffed turkeys are notorious for being harbingers, even without the super low temp. I would definitely bake the dressing on the side.

I love the word harbingers. I need to start using it. :)