A question about a recipe: Gluten- and Dairy-Free Pie Crust

A816dc26 8160 45aa 9ea5 fd9be813c355  untitled 1 2

I have a question about the recipe "Gluten- and Dairy-Free Pie Crust" from Lindsey S. Love | Dolly and Oatmeal . Is the coconut oil a replacement for butter here? If so, would just substituting the butter back in 1:1 work?

asked by Sarah Hamilton over 3 years ago

Natalie

Generally, if a recipe calls for butter I use the same amount of coconut oil and it turns out just fine. I would say it's a 1:1 substitution.

Lindsey S. Love | Dolly and Oatmeal

I have not used butter in place of coconut oil, but I have seen a lot of other recipes that call for butter in a gluten free pie crust, so I am quite sure it will work here. Good luck, and I would love to know how it works out for you, Sarah!