A question about a recipe: Grandy's Sausage Stuffing

4442cd76 c85a 4600 b9b4 3b389fc27ae0  2014 1111 meat greet sausagestuffingfinalshot844

I have a question about the recipe "Grandy's Sausage Stuffing" from Cara Nicoletti. 2.5 pounds of meat and about 2 pounds of veg for 1 pound of bread?

asked by Nora Register about 4 years ago

Cara Nicoletti
Cara Nicoletti

Cara is a butcher at The Meat Hook in Brooklyn, the blogger behind Yummybooks.com, and the author of Voracious, coming 2015.

I don't know the weight of the veg, only the number of pieces. Not entirely sure what the question is here.

sfmiller

I'm guessing the question concerned whether there was an error in the recipe, since the ratio of meat to bread+veg is much higher than in most stuffings with meat.

Looks freaking delicious to me, and I love the spin-the-spice-rack story!

I have made more than several of Cara's recipes and they are always spot on and delicious. They are meat centric, but then so am I. :) I like to follow recipes as written (especially from a trusted source) before making any changes, but you could always change the amounts of ingredients to your liking. Stuffings are pretty forgiving.