🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: My New Roots' Life-Changing Loaf of Bread

B5a2e7ab 96d3 467b 90e2 51b50a10db94  hero

I have a question about the recipe "My New Roots' Life-Changing Loaf of Bread" from Genius Recipes. This bread was great but I found it a little rubbery/slimy. I cooked for the max recommended time - will this be fixed if I cooked it longer? It seemed cooked through, it just had a funny consistency to me.

asked by Julie Love almost 3 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

The consistency is a little different than normal bread (denser, moister) -- you could bake it a bit longer next time, or just toast slices to dry and crisp it up.

F726590e 98cd 4028 890d a1a083e3d32b  stringio

Thank you! I'll try both.