A question about a recipe: Meta Given's Pumpkin Pie

670d4e4d c1d4 47e5 a930 736517ded9c9  2014 1030 pumpkin pie 013

I have a question about the recipe "Meta Given's Pumpkin Pie" from Genius Recipes. best non dairy substitute? will almond milk or coconut milk creamer work as well?

asked by Elizabeth Ellis almost 4 years ago

I make a non-dairy pumpkin pie using soy milk which works really well.

spiffypaws

I would sub coconut milk, it's higher fat than soy and works better.

Yianna

I would sub coconut cream for the cream part, and coconut or soy milk for the milk; coconut's richness is perfect in pumpkin pies. Not sure about the almond milk or creamer though, I'm assuming that both would make the pie less rich, and the creamer may have other ingredients added to it such as sugar which would change the proportion of the ingredients in the recipe.