🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Coconut Spelt Scones With Blueberries

1a9b1aa3 6a1c 457c 8ef0 3a3751347ff2  19509584971 0ec44227cf b

I have a question about the recipe "Coconut Spelt Scones With Blueberries" from Eat Already!. Can't locate unsweetened coconut flakes... will scones be too sweet if I use sweetened?

asked by Phyllis over 2 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Have you tried looking in a health food store for unsweetened flakes? They really would be better,

1808a968 49be 4d44 acb9 3c55b2318ae1  photo 82

The scones are not very sweet to begin with, so I believe it will be ok to use sweetened flakes

you could always reduce the sugar in the recipe, or increase the amount of salt if you're worried. but 1/4 cup brown sugar isn't a lot so it shouldn't be too troublesome...