🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Bryant Terry's Mustard Green Harissa

42329722 0f03 4bdf bb76 deca1178efad  hkjv2nnrkzcz5uileb6yoe0iynhuwtxbzv4vdcg1xx0

I have a question about the recipe "Bryant Terry's Mustard Green Harissa" from Genius Recipes. Would this recipe be suitable for canning?

asked by Knitting Lawyer almost 3 years ago

I think pressure canning works for almost anything. It's the water bath that needs the acid.

I am not a canner, but this summer, I froze everything. I live in an apt with a typical apt sized freezer and it's shocking how much stuff I have frozen. I put it all in Ziploc bags and stand them up. My freezer is like a Rubik's cube.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

No, this recipe cannot be water bath canned because it has oil. I would question pressure canning because the recipe will have to be increased. The current recipe makes 1 cup. So much easier to freeze.