A question about a recipe: Russ Parsons' Dry-Brined Turkey (a.k.a. The Judy Bird)

Ec3c1da0 82a5 4554 9acc 36dfd77f86af  2016 1028 judy bird bobbi lin 11189

I have a question about the recipe "Russ Parsons' Dry-Brined Turkey (a.k.a. The Judy Bird)" from Genius Recipes. I'm cooking my first turkey and have followed this recipe to a t. In the photos, it looks like the legs and wings are really close in to the bird. I've just put mine in the fridge for the overnight rest and it's legs are spread very lady-like. Same with the wings. Looks like he's chilling all spread out. Is that normal? Should I tie it up or something?

asked by Jackie Callahan almost 4 years ago

former Community Editor

Yes, if it's really spread out I think I would truss it. If you need a refresher, let Amanda and Merrill walk you through it: https://www.youtube.com...