A question about a recipe: Autumn Apple and Pumpkin Galette

I have a question about the recipe "Autumn Apple and Pumpkin Galette" from A Local Choice. Should I add some leftover pastry cream to the pumpkin mixture for this galette?

• Posted by: ortolan
  • November 28, 2014
513e39b3 4f53 4432 973a 88b366fed232  2013 1119 finalist apple pumpkin galette 520
Recipe question for: Autumn Apple and Pumpkin Galette

Nancy November 28, 2014

If your aim is to modify the filling, yes, but reduce the amounts of pumpkin and/or apple to keep total volume the same. If the aim is to use up delicious pastry cream, save it & plate as swirls or dots on the dessert plates, then a piece of galette on top.

aargersi November 29, 2014

I have made this galette several times and it is delicious as-is, but the pastry cream sounds like a delicious addition, it seems like it would "custard up" the pumpkin part - how could that be bad???

ATG117
ATG117 November 29, 2014

How exactly would you be adding the pastry cream? I'd be concerned about it possibly separating and also making the fruit look muddy.