A question about a recipe: Autumn Apple and Pumpkin Galette

513e39b3 4f53 4432 973a 88b366fed232  2013 1119 finalist apple pumpkin galette 520

I have a question about the recipe "Autumn Apple and Pumpkin Galette" from A Local Choice. Should I add some leftover pastry cream to the pumpkin mixture for this galette?

asked by ortolan almost 4 years ago

If your aim is to modify the filling, yes, but reduce the amounts of pumpkin and/or apple to keep total volume the same. If the aim is to use up delicious pastry cream, save it & plate as swirls or dots on the dessert plates, then a piece of galette on top.

I have made this galette several times and it is delicious as-is, but the pastry cream sounds like a delicious addition, it seems like it would "custard up" the pumpkin part - how could that be bad???

ATG117

How exactly would you be adding the pastry cream? I'd be concerned about it possibly separating and also making the fruit look muddy.