A question about a recipe: Mixed Seafood Corn Chowder

F89f860a 5b2e 49bf 92ae bb0b0caecb99  seefood

I have a question about the recipe "Mixed Seafood Corn Chowder" from kimbaddd. How much milk and how much flour? missing from list!!!

asked by Charles Merkel over 3 years ago

Not a well edited recipe. I think the author changed the ingredients from milk and cream to half and half, so 3/4 cup half and half.

The amount of butter on the ingredients list says 2 TBS, but in the directions it says 3 TBS. I'd probably use 2 of butter and 2 of flour. I don't like soup to be too thick.

Charles Merkel

Thank you so much. I agree, The appeal here is a light broth like you find in the Vancouver BC area.

Exactly!! I'm not fond of soups that hold the spoon up. In fact, I often make chowders with no or very little roux.

kimbaddd

please look at the recipe now. i fixed it. so sorry!

Much better. :) I hope charles sees this or he'll be a cup short of milk.

Fresh corn will have to wait until next summer, but I am going to try this with frozen TJs corn. Sounds delicious.