🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: CARNE ASADA

D850e86d 252d 47ce 875b a8dcf9b60966  l1000978

I have a question about the recipe "CARNE ASADA" from dymnyno. Dymnyno, love the flavor profile of a porcini rub. I make my own porcini salt for dusting meats following cooking, esp. All cuts of beef steak. I would like to adapt this recipe for a traditional braise, perhaps using beer and stock for the liquid component. Your thoughts? Buon APPETITO, L

asked by Lorenza almost 3 years ago

Beef, beer & stock? The recipe that jumps to mind is a classic carbonnade (Flemish beef stew). You could use your porcini salt as a substitute or as an addition to the herbs in the recipe. for example this one saveur.com/article/Recipes/Classic-Beef-Beer-Stew. Andor if you decide for beef+wine+stock there's boeuf bourgignon (French beef stew), which is very friendly to mushroom flavors.

I'm a little confused by the question. Carne asada literally means grilled meat. It's usually marinated and the recipe calls for flanken ribs which are thin and do well when cooked quickly.

Are you wanting to use more traditionally braised short ribs, but utilize the porcini flavor? Yum! I think the rub would disappear into the liquid, but a short rib braise with dried porcini mushrooms, beer and beef stock sounds delicious. I picture lots of onions, dijon mustard and an anchovy or two as well. Thyme?