A question about a recipe: Cinnamon Scone Bread

I have a question about the recipe "Cinnamon Scone Bread" from mrslarkin. Has anyone successfully tried making this ahead of time? I'm thinking Christmas morning, but want to assemble it the day before.

882f0fd7 6a7b 4f5a b8a9 f75dfa5350d4  2014 1202 f52edit cinnsconebread2124
Recipe question for: Cinnamon Scone Bread

Nancy December 13, 2014

You could mix the streusel topping in one container, and the dries in another. But the wets (fruit, cinnamon, cream etc) look complicated enough to leave to day of. What you don't want is to activate the dries with any wet in advance.

Gibson2011
Gibson2011 December 15, 2014

Thanks, Nancy. I thought that might be the case. Oh well, that buys my husband some sleeping in time while I make this with my toddler underfoot. :)

caninechef
caninechef December 15, 2014

I am interested in making this for a Sunday brunch, I can bake it on site but I would need to assemble earlier that morning and maybe have it sit for an hour or so before baking. Bad idea? Should I forget that idea and just try this at home sometime?