A question about a recipe: Lynne Curry's Prime Rib with Mustard and Herb Butter

I have a question about the recipe "Lynne Curry's Prime Rib with Mustard and Herb Butter" from Genius Recipes. will this technique work with bone in roast?

• Posted by: pafarmer
  • December 17, 2014

Kristen Miglore December 17, 2014

I'm double checking with Lynne, but she did tell me that if you trust your thermometer and don't rely on time, you can use this technique with just about any cut of lean, tender meat. In the case of bone-in roasts, I think you'd want to check the temperature in a couple places to be safe (particularly near the bone and in the thickest part of the roast).

pafarmer
pafarmer December 17, 2014

Thank you for your prompt reply. I think this will be my new Christmas roast recipe.

ChefJune December 17, 2014

I can't imagine why you couldn't. In fact, I've never made prime rib without the bone, and can't figure out why I would...

Kristen Miglore December 17, 2014

In case you didn't see, Lynne just responded over on the article comment thread to confirm my answer above.