A question about a recipe: Lynne Curry's Prime Rib with Mustard and Herb Butter

C4d2e120 ae4a 475b 8fe6 d349d5b0354e  mustard herb butter prime rib food52 mark weinberg 14 11 18 0492

I have a question about the recipe "Lynne Curry's Prime Rib with Mustard and Herb Butter" from Genius Recipes. will this technique work with bone in roast?

asked by pafarmer over 3 years ago

I'm double checking with Lynne, but she did tell me that if you trust your thermometer and don't rely on time, you can use this technique with just about any cut of lean, tender meat. In the case of bone-in roasts, I think you'd want to check the temperature in a couple places to be safe (particularly near the bone and in the thickest part of the roast).

pafarmer

Thank you for your prompt reply. I think this will be my new Christmas roast recipe.

I can't imagine why you couldn't. In fact, I've never made prime rib without the bone, and can't figure out why I would...

In case you didn't see, Lynne just responded over on the article comment thread to confirm my answer above.