Does anyone have a great jelly roll recipe. I will be using kaya jam, so I'm thinking a white cake? Any suggestions appreciated.
Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.
Are you channeling your best self with this comment? (If you're not sure, check out our Code of Conduct.)
Google Easy Jelly Roll Cake from Cookscountry.com. But I have pasted it below.
Makes one 11-inch log
Any flavor of jam can be used here. For an added treat, sprinkle 2 cups fresh berries over the jam before rolling up the cake. This cake looks pretty and tastes good when served with dollops of fresh Whipped Cream (see related recipes) and fresh berries.
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon table salt
5 large eggs , at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups fruit jam
Confectioners' sugar for dusting
1. Adjust an oven rack to the lower-middle position and heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 12 by 18-inch rimmed baking sheet with vegetable oil spray, then line with parchment paper. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Whip the eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until foamy, 1 to 3 minutes. Increase the mixer speed to medium and slowly add the sugar in a steady stream. Increase the speed to high and continue to beat until the eggs are very thick and a pale yellow color, 5 to 10 minutes. Beat in the vanilla.
3. Sift the flour mixture over the beaten eggs and fold in using a large rubber spatula until no traces of flour remain.
4. Following the photos, pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and spread out to an even thickness. Bake until the cake feels firm and springs back when touched, 10 to 15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking.
5. Before cooling, run a knife around the edge of the cake to loosen, then flip the cake out onto a large sheet of parchment paper (slightly longer than the cake). Gently peel off the parchment paper attached to the bottom of the cake and roll the cake and parchment up into a log and let cool for 15 minutes.
6. Gently unroll the cake and spread on the jam, leaving a 1-inch border at the edges. Re-roll the cake gently but snugly around the jam, leaving the parchment behind as you go. Trim the ends, then transfer the cake to a platter. Let the cake cool completely, then dust with confectioners’ sugar before slicing and serving.
To Make Ahead
The rolled cake can be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and kept at room temperature for up to 1 day.
From backyard BBQs to beach picnics.
Trader Joe’s Party Products
Juiciest Salt-Baked Chicken
Go On, Spread Out
Summer's #1 Power Ingredient
Your #1 Loves