Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »

A question about a recipe: Braised Pork Belly Tacos with Watermelon, Jicama & Jalapeño Salsa

626f008e 5fef 484e 9436 20f6f45975e1  food52 01 30 12 2834

I have a question about the recipe "Braised Pork Belly Tacos with Watermelon, Jicama & Jalapeño Salsa" from a la Alison. I'd like to double this recipe. Do I also need to double the brining time and the cooking time? Or just all of the quantities? (Sorry for the mispost a second ago)

asked by juliunruly about 2 years ago

No, you don't need to double the brine time or cooking time because pork belly is a flat piece of meat, so it will be the same thickness. If it is very thick (my 5 lb pork belly was only slightly thicker than my 3 lb) you could brine it an hour longer. As far as cooking it, you slice and then cook it, so the cooking time won't change. It sounds delicious!!

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.