🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Braised Pork Belly Tacos with Watermelon, Jicama & Jalapeño Salsa

626f008e 5fef 484e 9436 20f6f45975e1  food52 01 30 12 2834

I have a question about the recipe "Braised Pork Belly Tacos with Watermelon, Jicama & Jalapeño Salsa" from a la Alison. I'd like to double this recipe. Do I also need to double the brining time and the cooking time? Or just all of the quantities? (Sorry for the mispost a second ago)

asked by juliunruly almost 3 years ago

No, you don't need to double the brine time or cooking time because pork belly is a flat piece of meat, so it will be the same thickness. If it is very thick (my 5 lb pork belly was only slightly thicker than my 3 lb) you could brine it an hour longer. As far as cooking it, you slice and then cook it, so the cooking time won't change. It sounds delicious!!