A question about a recipe: Suspiciously Delicious Cabbage

7965bb91 9669 47da 9599 bb11342cf4ff  112210f 317

I have a question about the recipe "Suspiciously Delicious Cabbage" from fiveandspice. Would this work with canned coconut milk?

asked by Sue over 3 years ago

Haven't tried it, but from the other ingredients sounds like yes. The ginger and garlic go with coconut in Thai cooking. Maybe even boost that flavor profile by throwing in some lemongrass or galangal.

Nancy, that's a great idea! I found this dish overwhelming (too rich!) with all that cream. I'm going to give it a go with coconut milk. I have galangal in my freezer, so I'll add that, too. Thanks so much for suggesting it. ;o)

I make this a LOT and I always use coconut milk, so yes! I also up the ginger a bit because I love it, and sometimes I throw in a bit of curry powder ...

ktr
ktr

That sounds like an awesome substitution! I may have to try it the next time I make it.