🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Blueberry Cake Donut Bars

9b3acd18 101d 4e4d b138 3c2ed0cda84d  2014 0519 blueberry cake doughnut bars

I have a question about the recipe "Blueberry Cake Donut Bars" from erinmcdowell. Why should I beat butter & sugar with a wooden spoon versus using my stand mixer?

asked by Meghan over 2 years ago

0fecd8f8 6ef1 4649 9f57 83bf4668f3d0  3572
Erin McDowell

Baking consultant at large at Food52, and author of The Fearless Baker (Fall 2017)

Hi Megan, feel free to use your mixer-this is just a recipe that (for ease) can be mixed by hand. The butter/sugar don't need to be vigorously creamed like, say, for cookies. But if you love your mixer, go for it!!

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

erin, maybe you could add ("or in a stand mixer with paddle") to your recipe.

Ede9b63a 11d1 499b a5da e7bb827bb8e4  cornmealpancakes

I used my stand mixer, and everything turned out great.