A question about a recipe: Blueberry Cake Donut Bars

9b3acd18 101d 4e4d b138 3c2ed0cda84d  2014 0519 blueberry cake doughnut bars

I have a question about the recipe "Blueberry Cake Donut Bars" from erinmcdowell. Why should I beat butter & sugar with a wooden spoon versus using my stand mixer?

asked by Meghan over 3 years ago

Erin McDowell
Erin McDowell

Baking consultant at large at Food52, and author of The Fearless Baker (Fall 2017)

Hi Megan, feel free to use your mixer-this is just a recipe that (for ease) can be mixed by hand. The butter/sugar don't need to be vigorously creamed like, say, for cookies. But if you love your mixer, go for it!!

LE BEC FIN

erin, maybe you could add ("or in a stand mixer with paddle") to your recipe.

Jess

I used my stand mixer, and everything turned out great.