🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Lemon Lavender Polenta Cake

Be75d979 8317 4a9d adc6 ae716b0a7adf  2015 0112 lavendar polenta cake 5670

I have a question about the recipe " Lemon Lavender Polenta Cake" from Chrissie. Was the lavender ground up or added whole?

asked by Ticketytwo almost 3 years ago

Probably neither. Dried lavender usually comes in crumbly pieces, the bits of leaf that emerge from the drying process. If you halt to have large, whole dried lavender leaf, I suggest crumbling it lightly in your Palm, then adding, so it will disperse throughout cake. You could grind it to make powder, but I think the bits of lavender, larger than ground look nice in Baker goods.

That should ne "happen to have"

00b3d4d3 4843 4318 a81c 0d705cae220e  angel 3

Ok. Thx so much for answering. I plan to make this cake tomm

Great! A little more info: I wrote leaf, but dried lavender is actually dried flowers. which reminds me, once you have lavender in the house, there are all kinds of uses for it, e.g.savory in the blends herbes de provence, sweet in some thing like a ricotta filling for crepes.

6bea41f9 62f3 4e12 bc5f 91352e2ae93e  linked in profile copy3

Hello! I added the lavender buds in whole because I like seeing the flecks of lavender in the finished cake. And once it is baked you don't really notice it when eating :) However, grinding up the lavender is a great option if you don't want the buds in the cake.