A question about a recipe: Mushroom and Pea Tart (vegan friendly)

93b34bbb f319 4f83 b5e4 b30f72c92c22  p3090179

I have a question about the recipe "Mushroom and Pea Tart (vegan friendly)" from MyCommunalTable. how would you grate a potato that has already been baked?

asked by fae rae over 3 years ago

The tart bakes long enough to cook potato through, if you grate it raw. Alternatively, if you have leftover baked potato around , a fine dice would probably work.

MyCommunalTable

I am amazed how easy a leftover baked potato is to grate on a box grater. The insides get grated nice, but the skin just peels back. You don't get any skin in the grate usually. I think raw or left over would work. If raw, I would grate just to make sure that it cooks. The potato works great at binding everything.

Alexis

couldn't you just let it cool down and then use a ricer?

ChezHenry

Simply grate it using the large whole side of a box grater.

When it's room temperature, freeze it for an hour or else refrigerate it overnight.