A question about a recipe: Blood Sausage & Roasted Bell Pepper Tapas

7b79599f f81a 47e6 8a5d f5fb8e8d5478  blood sausage

I have a question about the recipe "Blood Sausage & Roasted Bell Pepper Tapas" from Iván Muñoz García. What is a substitute for the blood sausage?

asked by jamie321 over 3 years ago

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

There is no good substitute for blood sausage, because as its name implies, it is made with pig's blood, which imparts a characteristic flavor to it. However, I am pretty sure that this tapas will taste great with a good quality chorizo, or merguez. It is not going to be the same, but it will be good.

Iván Muñoz García

Hi Jamie. As QueenSashy says, there's no good substitute for it although if I have to think about something, I'll say that some mild chorizo or even a lamb sausage will be great with this. The trick is that it should be made in a way that it will allow you making a paste out of it after removing the casing. I hope it helps!