Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Spinach, Mushrooms, and Cream for Dinner

48cf87b2 e6f9 4381 bb79 56cae680f3a0  food52 01 29 13 0975

I have a question about the recipe "Spinach, Mushrooms, and Cream for Dinner" from Nicholas Day. Your suggestions for making this (or as much of it as possible) ahead of time? Thank you. ;o)

asked almost 2 years ago
9222c532 27a1 4ba1 88e4 001b7bd829f8  image

I haven't made the recipe, but I would think you could definitely make it up until the point of baking ahead of time (i.e., up through sprinkling on the parmesan). Perhaps you could even bake it halfway -- I'm always loath to bake something fully ahead of time (if I want to serve it hot) for fear that it'll dry out the second time around in the oven.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.