🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Maple Cream

4f132185 0fb7 46cf 8e18 59222b29972c  img 8363

I have a question about the recipe "Maple Cream" from Carey Nershi. I asked this in the recipe, but got no reply. Is there any reason that cream is added to this? Any maple butter/cream I have ever had is just 100% pure maple syrup.

asked by Catherine over 2 years ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I think you'll find that a little butter or cram helps the maple syrup from boiling over.

Cream, not cram, of course. But to continue, if you've ever boiled down maple syrup, you know that the danger of boiling over is real. A real mess!

Similar to some Jan/Marmalade recupes, which call for some butter to be added to calm/reduce the foam during cooking.

Thank you for your answers! We get ours directly from a cabane à sucre in Quebec, so my question was mainly out of curiosity.