A question about a recipe: Buttermilk-Streusel Coffee Cake

I have a question about the recipe "Buttermilk-Streusel Coffee Cake" from erinmcdowell. How do you make this in a bundt pan and put the crumbs on at the end, when a bundt cake has to be inverted? Won't the crumbs be on the bottom of the cake, rather than the top?

41df5fff 107c 491f bfc6 a359979b4298  coffeecake
Recipe question for: Buttermilk-Streusel Coffee Cake

Monita February 20, 2015

I believe the kind of cake pan used was a bundt tube pan so that when the cake is done the tube part pulls through and the crumbs remain on top. You're right that with a regular bundt pan the crumbs would be on the bottom. This would also work in a 9x13 baking dish

Jenny Bernstein
Jenny Bernstein February 20, 2015

thank you! phew, you saved me!

Erin McDowell
Erin McDowell February 20, 2015

Hi Jenny, I baked this in a straight edged bundt pan (think like an angel food cake pan), so it doesn't need to be inverted after baking, just unmolded. This cake is pretty flexible though, so it would work in a regular round or loaf pan too - just keep testing it with a toothpick to ensure doneness!