🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: pesto pasta

4a85f38a cc0d 11e5 88cd 3c15c2d2bb38  41 full

I have a question about the recipe "pesto pasta" from Jodi Moreno. how long will pesto last in airtight jar in frig.?

asked by Eunice58 over 2 years ago

Still tasty.com advises 4-5 days in fridge, 1-2 months in freezer. Their durations are based on usda, fda and other govt sources. May be conservative, on the very safe range. My sense is that the pesto may last a bit longer in fridge, but taste will not improve.

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

I have had varying luck with this over the years. In general, i think you are good for 2+weeks but others may say longer. I would suggest that you cover the pesto with a 1/2" layer of EVOO. Store it in the coldest frig spot- the lower rear corner. Also, it can be frozen successfully.