A question about a recipe: pesto pasta

4a8c145e cc0d 11e5 b958 3c15c2d2bb38  42 full

I have a question about the recipe "pesto pasta" from Jodi Moreno. how long will pesto last in airtight jar in frig.?

asked by Eunice58 over 3 years ago

Still tasty.com advises 4-5 days in fridge, 1-2 months in freezer. Their durations are based on usda, fda and other govt sources. May be conservative, on the very safe range. My sense is that the pesto may last a bit longer in fridge, but taste will not improve.

LE BEC FIN

I have had varying luck with this over the years. In general, i think you are good for 2+weeks but others may say longer. I would suggest that you cover the pesto with a 1/2" layer of EVOO. Store it in the coldest frig spot- the lower rear corner. Also, it can be frozen successfully.