🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Sausage and Kale Dinner Tart

E1aa65ba 7917 4f98 86ec 05080af4fb17  052411f 480

I have a question about the recipe "Sausage and Kale Dinner Tart" from My Pantry Shelf. What type of white wine would you recommend?

asked by Megan Town over 2 years ago

65ab65d5 b7e4 4b23 80af 97d1a628c4cf  stringio

I made this and paired it with a Gruner Veltliner - Franz Etz to be specific. It was a great compliment!

B94e4bd3 a3f0 4a71 b756 5a94017b86d2  dsc 1092

Did you use that in the recipe as well? I'm just looking for a good wine to cook with, not a wine drinker myself!

4a133dad 72d1 43e3 84bb a8b5e6921f22  jesse avatar

I don't disagree with the other answer, but, if you are not a wine drinker you might want to skip the wine and replace it with a little chicken stock and just a dash of white vinegar to add a little acidity. There is not a lot of wine in the recipe and most white wines would be overpowered by the other ingredients anyhow. If you plan to serve wine to others, I would just buy whatever they like.

@Uncle Jess, I agree with you! In fact, I planned to sub chicken stock in the recipe and save the wine for drinking.