A question about a recipe: Sausage and Kale Dinner Tart

I have a question about the recipe "Sausage and Kale Dinner Tart" from My Pantry Shelf. What type of white wine would you recommend?

E1aa65ba 7917 4f98 86ec 05080af4fb17  052411f 480
Recipe question for: Sausage and Kale Dinner Tart

Lydia Melamedas
Lydia Melamedas February 23, 2015

I made this and paired it with a Gruner Veltliner - Franz Etz to be specific. It was a great compliment!

Megan Town
Megan Town February 23, 2015

Did you use that in the recipe as well? I'm just looking for a good wine to cook with, not a wine drinker myself!

Uncle Jess
Uncle Jess February 23, 2015

I don't disagree with the other answer, but, if you are not a wine drinker you might want to skip the wine and replace it with a little chicken stock and just a dash of white vinegar to add a little acidity. There is not a lot of wine in the recipe and most white wines would be overpowered by the other ingredients anyhow. If you plan to serve wine to others, I would just buy whatever they like.

Lydia Melamedas
Lydia Melamedas February 23, 2015

@Uncle Jess, I agree with you! In fact, I planned to sub chicken stock in the recipe and save the wine for drinking.