A question about a recipe: Sausage and Kale Dinner Tart

E1aa65ba 7917 4f98 86ec 05080af4fb17  052411f 480

I have a question about the recipe "Sausage and Kale Dinner Tart" from My Pantry Shelf. What type of white wine would you recommend?

asked by Megan Town over 3 years ago

Lydia Melamedas

I made this and paired it with a Gruner Veltliner - Franz Etz to be specific. It was a great compliment!

Megan Town

Did you use that in the recipe as well? I'm just looking for a good wine to cook with, not a wine drinker myself!

Uncle Jess

I don't disagree with the other answer, but, if you are not a wine drinker you might want to skip the wine and replace it with a little chicken stock and just a dash of white vinegar to add a little acidity. There is not a lot of wine in the recipe and most white wines would be overpowered by the other ingredients anyhow. If you plan to serve wine to others, I would just buy whatever they like.

Lydia Melamedas

@Uncle Jess, I agree with you! In fact, I planned to sub chicken stock in the recipe and save the wine for drinking.