A question about a recipe: Challah Bread Pudding with Raspberries

I have a question about the recipe "Challah Bread Pudding with Raspberries" from Kendra Vaculin. How could I reheat this the next day? Or is it better to serve cold?

• Posted by: daisy326
  • February 26, 2015

ChefJune February 26, 2015

2nd day I would serve it at room temperature. Which is not "cold." To me, "cold" means served directly from the refrigerator. Almost no food tastes its best at that temp because cold muffles the flavor. Most food projects maximum flavor at room temperature. (yes, I know, it's not supposed to be "safe" to eat food at that temp, but fact is fact. ;) My mom made lots of bread pudding for us when I was growing up. Even freshly baked, she served it just barely warm. It's heavenly like that, imho.

daisy326
daisy326 February 26, 2015

Thank you! :)

ktr
ktr February 26, 2015

I just had to thank you for the question because I missed this recipe and it looks divine!

keg72
keg72 February 26, 2015

I actually do reheat bread pudding. Assuming you've served some of it, leaving your baking pan no longer full, I'd transfer it to a different (buttered) baking pan and then baked it, probably covered with foil, at 350 for 10-20 minutes, until quite warm/hot. I don't think it'll dry out, but you could always serve it with cream, whipped cream or ice cream if it did.

nancy essig
nancy essig February 27, 2015

I have always sliced it and fried it in butter. Serve it with syrup or fruit, omg