A question about a recipe: Nach Waxman's Brisket of Beef

I have a question about the recipe "Nach Waxman's Brisket of Beef" from Genius Recipes. What size roasting pan should I use for 6lb brisket? What about an 8lb brisket? Do you recommend a brand or kind?

18be3882 1b4f 4f85 bf42 7aad2c1f41fa  stringio
  • Posted by: ashlie
  • March 10, 2015
Nach Waxman's Brisket of Beef
Recipe question for: Nach Waxman's Brisket of Beef

Nancy March 10, 2015
Go for as big as your oven allows, with some space all around for air to circulate. This allows various sizes & shapes of roast, plus veg. And as sturdy as you can afford...so meat doesn't burn or pan buckle when you remove it. Some like enameled cast iron, which is sturdy, maintains even heat & looks beautiful. Also costly & heavy even before you add the meat. I prefer uncoated cast iron, stainless steel, or even enameled ones that came with old ovens. In a pinch, or before you decide, use a disposable foil pan with a baking sheet under it.

ashlie March 10, 2015
Thanks very much. I was just concerned about having "too much" room in the pot, but I can easily fill with more onions/carrots per recipe comments!

Nancy March 10, 2015
Ashlie, glad to help. Just one caution...if your meat is very small in relation to the pan, do be sure to cover the bottom with aromatic vegetables, potatoes to roast and/or some oil, to prevent emergence of hot spots.

Nancy March 10, 2015
Or use a smaller pan.