A question about a recipe: Nach Waxman's Brisket of Beef

Ed11481c 77d1 4bc4 9c8c 079271c8af8a  8222494410 c497a1065a b

I have a question about the recipe "Nach Waxman's Brisket of Beef" from Genius Recipes. What size roasting pan should I use for 6lb brisket? What about an 8lb brisket? Do you recommend a brand or kind?

asked by ashlie almost 4 years ago

Go for as big as your oven allows, with some space all around for air to circulate. This allows various sizes & shapes of roast, plus veg. And as sturdy as you can afford...so meat doesn't burn or pan buckle when you remove it. Some like enameled cast iron, which is sturdy, maintains even heat & looks beautiful. Also costly & heavy even before you add the meat. I prefer uncoated cast iron, stainless steel, or even enameled ones that came with old ovens. In a pinch, or before you decide, use a disposable foil pan with a baking sheet under it.

ashlie

Thanks very much. I was just concerned about having "too much" room in the pot, but I can easily fill with more onions/carrots per recipe comments!

Ashlie, glad to help. Just one caution...if your meat is very small in relation to the pan, do be sure to cover the bottom with aromatic vegetables, potatoes to roast and/or some oil, to prevent emergence of hot spots.

Or use a smaller pan.