Grant their wishes: 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go, go, gifts » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Patricia Yeo's Sesame Noodles

6a08a20e 4092 49a8 92a7 2090210ec27d  2013 0903 genius sesame noodles 399

I have a question about the recipe "Patricia Yeo's Sesame Noodles" from Genius Recipes. Does anyone have creative ideas for how to use the leftover sauce?

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

asked over 1 year ago
21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

My first thought is to add some lime juice. I am an acid and citrus freak so I always lean towards adding it. (But if the sauce doesn't need it, forgedaboudit
I would use the sauce as:
-- a dipping sauce for fresh Vietnamese spring rolls with whatever fillings you want (slivered ham or cooked salmon, red pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, scallion and bean thread).
--place a spring roll wrapper on your counter and top it with a piece of nori, cut to fit it. In the center , place a 1 ounce? log of raw salmon or arctic char; spread a line of your sauce next to the fish; tightly roll up the spring roll like you normally would and seal with water . Deep fry so fish is medum rare; drain, cut on diagonal.
-- Add sauce to pureed chickpeas with lime juice , toasted ground cumin and red aleppo pepper- for a fusion hoomus.
--Fill, form and poach chicken and cilantro wontons; toss with your dressing.
-- Add lime juice and use to dress coleslaw with fresh beansprouts.

And if you STILL have some leftover, Chuck it ! (says she who still has a rear frig corner housing a quart of leftover pad thai sauce from a decade ago!!)

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

I'd also add some lime juice and grated fresh ginger to it. You could simply drizzle it over sliced roast or grilled pork tenderloin, or grilled or poached chicken. Or slather it on a sort of Banh Mi with either, along with julienne carrots, cilantro, radish, etc. As mentioned, sesame sauce (especially spicy) is great on wontons (if you don't want to make them, Asian markets usually carry pretty good frozen ones.)

3a07161a c04e 4fa1 b28d 18a97a109314  img 7662

You could make "Asian" Burritos-- roll up sticky rice, shredded cooked chicken (or pork or tofu), shredded snow peas, scallions, chopped peanuts, the sauce, some cilantro leaves, a bit of mint and good shot of chile sauce in a wrap, sear it (or not) and its a great work lunch.