A question about a recipe: Blondies -- Gluten-Free and Completely Delicious

47d74ef9 d641 4762 b941 09cc61aa659b  2016 0614 gluten free blondies bobbi lin 25304

I have a question about the recipe "Blondies -- Gluten-Free and Completely Delicious" from nishis. Do you think substituting any sort of nut (ie pecans, walnuts) for the hazelnuts would be good? Same with the dried fruit?

asked by Megan Town over 3 years ago

Pecans or walnuts would be fine substitutes. For the dried fruit, I would use something like dried cranberries or dried apricot.

Absolutely! I like Pegeen's suggestions, but you could use almost any nuts and fruits. Your substitutions might be even better than the original.

Of course you can sub any nut and/or dried fruit you like for the ones suggested by the author of the recipe. Bear in mind, though, that when you do that you substantially change the recipe.

Stephanie

Looks like the author of the recipe anticipated this question. In the headnotes it says, "mix ins can be altered to suit whatever you have on hand, though below is my favorite combo." So, mix and match to your heart's desire! :)