A question about a recipe: Lemon Thyme Olive Oil Tea Cake

21362a42 69bd 4a90 959b 07bf194a21ef  gf lemon thyme tea cake

I have a question about the recipe "Lemon Thyme Olive Oil Tea Cake" from windycityvegan. What can I sub for the quinoa flour? I have corn rice, potato, coconut, buckwheat, barley, and rye flours! Also, will arrowroot sub for the tapioca flour?

asked by Windischgirl over 3 years ago

windycityvegan

I think coconut flour would be good, or almond meal if you have it. And yes,you can sub arrowroot for the tapioca.

Windischgirl

Thanks! I do have almond meal as well, but think I will go with the coconut flour. Making this for a GF friend, and think I will also make Mandelformar (Swedish Almond Tarts), so there will be a variety of goodies here. Sunday Bake Day!

Also depends on how you want to affect the overall flavor profile. The buckwheat & rye are nuttier, more distinctive, most of the rest are neutral (except for barley, which has some but not as much as buckwheat or rye).