🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Almond Butter, Dark Chocolate & Coconut Cookies

1f4873e4 a56f 47be 96e3 8c52de4273cd  2013 0604 almond choc chip cookies 011

I have a question about the recipe "Almond Butter, Dark Chocolate & Coconut Cookies " from Sarah | strawberryplum. If I use sweetened coconut, how should I adjust the sugar levels? Would that work at all?

asked by Megan Town over 2 years ago

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

Neat recipe. We're not talking about a huge amount here, so f you are using 1/2 cup sweetened coconut instead of unsweetened, i would suggest cutting the white sugar by 3Tablespoons . And 3 T sugar in this recipe- is not a deal breaker! Taste the dough at the end and if it needs more sugar, throw it in and quickly mix.
A Chowhound poster said this:
" MrsJonesey Jul 10, 2013 08:34 PM
I don't know if there is an exact rule to follow, but I have a coconut pie recipe that calls for 1 1/3 cups unsweetened coconut. When using sweetened coconut, I have found the perfect amount to reduce the sugar by is 1/2 cup. So, this equals 2 Tbsp. sugar per 1/3 cup coconut ."
Just a thought, but if you ever wanted to Up the sweetness on cookies that you roll, you could roll the cookie dough balls in some sugar , or dip one side of the balls in sugar,before baking