🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Nacho florets

37f51ece b44b 4560 ac2e 367195992b66  dsc 0131

I have a question about the recipe "Nacho florets" from Panfusine. Can these be made ahead and frozen - except for veg toppings. Or can the tortilla cups be made and frozen? Thanks.

asked by Vicki over 2 years ago

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

Hi Vicki, I've never tried freezing the tortilla cups, but when baked do tend to keep their shape well for about a day (depending on the humidity). Hope this helps.

Thanks for getting back to me - I might just do a "freezer" trial run.

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

panfusine, you TALENTED chef, you!! Where were you when I sooooo wanted to have baby taco cups like that in my catering co.???

vicki, I think yes, they would absolutely freeze well. I see frozen pre-baked taco shells (in different forms, like flautas)all the time, and they keep their form. Since they've already been baked with an oil coating, I see no reason that they would collapse. Also, if you are using a filling that you want to heat, I would fill the FROZEN shells and bake/heat them. That would save you from having to fill them w/ heated filling one at a time. It would also keep the taco shells from over-baking while the filling heats.

That's sounds good to me Le Bec Fin. I had a hunch that it would work.
I'm a do-ahead kind of cook so I par-bake and freeze recipes all the time.