A question about a recipe: Nacho florets

37f51ece b44b 4560 ac2e 367195992b66  dsc 0131

I have a question about the recipe "Nacho florets" from Panfusine. Can these be made ahead and frozen - except for veg toppings. Or can the tortilla cups be made and frozen? Thanks.

asked by Vicki about 3 years ago

Panfusine

Hi Vicki, I've never tried freezing the tortilla cups, but when baked do tend to keep their shape well for about a day (depending on the humidity). Hope this helps.

Vicki

Thanks for getting back to me - I might just do a "freezer" trial run.

LE BEC FIN

panfusine, you TALENTED chef, you!! Where were you when I sooooo wanted to have baby taco cups like that in my catering co.???

vicki, I think yes, they would absolutely freeze well. I see frozen pre-baked taco shells (in different forms, like flautas)all the time, and they keep their form. Since they've already been baked with an oil coating, I see no reason that they would collapse. Also, if you are using a filling that you want to heat, I would fill the FROZEN shells and bake/heat them. That would save you from having to fill them w/ heated filling one at a time. It would also keep the taco shells from over-baking while the filling heats.

Vicki

That's sounds good to me Le Bec Fin. I had a hunch that it would work.
I'm a do-ahead kind of cook so I par-bake and freeze recipes all the time.