A question about a recipe: Louisa's Cake

251ea3fb bebc 4b20 bc02 c3a1e935504f  2016 0309 italian lemon ricotta cake for easter james ransom 041

I have a question about the recipe "Louisa's Cake" from Jennifer Wagner. Any opinion on making this cake a day ahead? Or would you recommend making this the day you're due to serve? Thanks!

asked by karahelena over 3 years ago

magpiebaker

Looking at the ingredients, I would think that making the cake a day ahead would allow the (relatively mild) flavors to deepen. But it depends on whether you particularly like the texture on top of a freshly baked cake -- I do, but it matters less if you're also topping with some kind of frosting, whipped cream, etc. (It will tend to be a little softer/soggier if you let it sit overnight.) If the top texture doesn't matter too much to you, it probably would be ok to make the day before.

keg72

Totally fine to make ahead.