🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Coconut Tres Leches

22e3066d 6a56 4e6e 8225 b57ea0e9655a  2013 0604 tres leches cake 593

I have a question about the recipe "Coconut Tres Leches" from aargersi. Can I use UNSWEETENED coconut for the topping? If so should I make any tweaks? I'm not opposed to the sweetened I just already have unsweetened on hand and would prefer to use it if possible.

asked by VickyD over 2 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

Hi Vicky - sure you can! You might want to make the whipped cream just a shade sweeter, or not if you don't like super sweet stuff. Oh and toasting unsweetened in the microwave dosn't work so you will need to do it in a pan or in the oven. Good luck!

Many thanks!

toasting them in the oven will bring out the flavor and sweetness