A question about a recipe: Canal House's Pork Belly with Gingery Rhubarb Compote

D93eb125 2dd7 49f3 be88 4230b0d09fe7  9078577024 48d1d38b4c z

I have a question about the recipe "Canal House's Pork Belly with Gingery Rhubarb Compote" from Genius Recipes. What's a good substitute for rhubarb in this recipe? Someone on Facebook wants to know!

Rachel Christensen is the Director of Audience Development for Food52.

Raw cranberries. It sounds like one bag (16 oz) would do it.

It might take a little less or more time to cook the cranberries... test by piercing one with a knife. Don't cook to the point where they start popping open or you'll wind up with more of a jam than a compote.

PazzoNico

Tart apples would also work. Or green, unripe mango.

Goose berries or red currants would sub as well--but the season is not right for this--or the other posted--suggestions. For the substitutions, we're talking summer or fall.