A question about a recipe: Coconuttiest Shortbread Cookies

I have a question about the recipe "Coconuttiest Shortbread Cookies" from Hilarybee. When is the confectioners sugar added...whisked into the flour mix or creamed with the cane sugar and butter/oil? Also, should the coconut oil be solid? Mine is completely liquid right now as its summer!

01a218a6 4ec6 4e81 b4d3 9009ed55207e  2013 0604 coconut shortbread cookies 016
Recipe question for: Coconuttiest Shortbread Cookies

PieceOfLayerCake May 28, 2015

It instructs to "stream" it in during step 2.

Hilarybee
Hilarybee May 29, 2015

I consider the confectioners sugar a dry ingredient in this recipe and whisk it into the flour mix. The coconut oil MUST be solid, but not frozen. I suggest putting it in the fridge to solidify but do not allow it to get too cold. Good Luck.

PieceOfLayerCake May 29, 2015

I have a pâté brisèe recipe that instructs to cream the butter and confectioners' sugar in order to dissolve it, it prevents it from melting in the heat of the oven and overspreading/overbrowning. Coconut oil is difficult to get to the right consistency for creaming, though. It should be pliable but cool. its really a terrible fat for creaming, but I suppose dairy-free dieters are limited. Good luck and let us know how it goes.