🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Julia Child's Tian de Courgettes au Riz (Zucchini Tian)

Ce67d42d 037e 4a86 a9c7 75aa30fff2b1  z13

I have a question about the recipe "Julia Child's Tian de Courgettes au Riz (Zucchini Tian)" from Genius Recipes. If making for tomorrow, should I fully cook this tonight? Or can I do the final baking tomorrow night? It has semi cooked rice, so I wasn't sure if leaving it uncooked overnight would hurt it.

asked by lloreen about 2 years ago

0738dc3c 2501 45fb b521 7d1bf7d7b055  1891192 858509397569999 3845801648046361619 n

Make it all in advance and bake it the night of your event, waiting to add the topping until just before baking. I think if you baked the whole thing beforehand, the texture just wouldn't be quite right the next day.

Please know that if your par-cooked rice sits overnight, it will absorb moisture, so you final baking time may be reduced. Start by setting the timer for 10 minutes less than specified. You can always bake it longer, but it's pretty hard to unbake something that has been over baked.

671b6c39 4898 435f 92c5 89cd9b925088  img 3788

The tian was great. I did as Brenna suggested and prepared it right up to the final step the night before. It actually took longer to cook than the directions, but maybe because I didn't have time to bring it to room temp before baking. And I have a temperamental oven.
Highly recommend this dish if you need to prepare a dinner party the day before....